Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Keep fresh fruit fresh, longer!


Hello,
You have probably seen on Pintrest how to keep your fruit/berries stay fresh longer. I have been doing it for a while, it works!! I hate when they go bad so quickly, what a waste of money!
I have done this several times and this is the way I do it:
For a bag of grapes:
1/2 cup Vinegar
4 cups water
 
1 Container of strawberries:
1/4 cup Vinegar
1 & 1/2 cups water
 
Small container of blackberries/blueberries:
2 Tablespoons of vinegar
Add water just to the top of your berries.
 
** Soak in a bowl for about 10 minutes. A little less or more is perfectly fine. Then drain and rinse well. **You want to make sure your fruit is covered with the water/vinegar. It kills the bacteria that makes fruit get bad so quickly.
 
I put mine in a baggie so that I can grab and go during the week. I also leave some in a bowl in the fridge to make it a convenient snack!
Doing this makes my fruit last for about a week (blackberries last even longer!).
I leave it out all the time, doesn't bother me at all.
Hope this makes your life a little easier!
Kerrie  
 

1 comment: